- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
49ers defense looks to stop Brees, red-hot Saints
“What got us here. I think that’s what it’s going to take,” Gore said.
Way back at the start of this journey, the Niners took a 24-3 thumping against New Orleans in the Superdome in the teams’ August exhibition opener.
The Saints blitzed all day and finished with six sacks.
It’s still plenty fresh for the 49ers.
“I’m sure they slept well that night because they really got after us,” 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman said. “The Saints, if they choose to be, can be one of the best blitzing teams in the league.”
“There’s no pressure in this locker room,” Rogers said. “We’re not supposed to be here. We’re supposed to be going home.”
AP Sports Writer Brett Martel in New Orleans contributed to this story.
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Border Patrol policy still permits agents to shoot at rock-throwers
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again