- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
EURO 2012 LIVE: Poland 1 Russia 1
1950: huge win for the Czech Republic. They had to take something from this game or they would be the first side to exit the tournament and they made an electric start, with two goals in the opening six minutes. Greece pulled one back through Fanis Gekas after an awful mistake from goalkeeper Petr Cech but the Greeks failed to push on from there and the Czech Republic take all three points. One sour note for the Czechs though, as captain Tomas Rosicky had to be replaced at half time as he has a foot injury. No word yet on how bad it is.
1927: Chants of ‘Hellas (Greece)’ from the Greeks rain out around the stadium as they urge their side to push on and score. Fifteen minutes left for them to do so and Kostas Mitroglou comes on for Kostas Fortounis
1916: And now Salpingidis is quick to follow Papadopoulos into the referee’s book for a rash tackle on David Limbersky. Kyriakos Papdopoulos is booked for Greece after a slide tackle on Milan Baros. The 20-year-old can have no complaints at all about that.
1914: Greece have a goal and suddenly it is all to play for again, but it is a terrible mix up in the Czech Republic defense. A poor delivery from Samaras on the left is going straight into the hands of Petr Cech but as he comes to claim it he bumps into Tomas Sivok and knocks the ball right into the path of Fanis Gekas, who passes into an empty net. The Greeks are back in this. Can Gekas steal the role of super-sub from Salpingids and bring his side level?
By Tammy Bruce
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- U.S. tasks Navy destroyer to Black Sea amid Ukraine tensions
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again