- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
EURO 2012 LIVE: Poland 1 Russia 1
1950: huge win for the Czech Republic. They had to take something from this game or they would be the first side to exit the tournament and they made an electric start, with two goals in the opening six minutes. Greece pulled one back through Fanis Gekas after an awful mistake from goalkeeper Petr Cech but the Greeks failed to push on from there and the Czech Republic take all three points. One sour note for the Czechs though, as captain Tomas Rosicky had to be replaced at half time as he has a foot injury. No word yet on how bad it is.
1927: Chants of ‘Hellas (Greece)’ from the Greeks rain out around the stadium as they urge their side to push on and score. Fifteen minutes left for them to do so and Kostas Mitroglou comes on for Kostas Fortounis
1916: And now Salpingidis is quick to follow Papadopoulos into the referee’s book for a rash tackle on David Limbersky. Kyriakos Papdopoulos is booked for Greece after a slide tackle on Milan Baros. The 20-year-old can have no complaints at all about that.
1914: Greece have a goal and suddenly it is all to play for again, but it is a terrible mix up in the Czech Republic defense. A poor delivery from Samaras on the left is going straight into the hands of Petr Cech but as he comes to claim it he bumps into Tomas Sivok and knocks the ball right into the path of Fanis Gekas, who passes into an empty net. The Greeks are back in this. Can Gekas steal the role of super-sub from Salpingids and bring his side level?
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- 'Blarney Blowout' near UMass results in 73 arrests; 4 officers injured
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- 80 people publicly executed across North Korea for films, Bibles
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again