- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
EURO 2012 LIVE: Poland vs. Russia
2130: Poland have looked a bit overwhelmed by the magnitude of the game they are playing here. They enjoyed a bit of possession in the opposition half earlier in the game but are struggling now to put the Russia defense under any pressure.
2125: He’s had a quiet first 20 minutes here, but Alan Dzagoev has just scored his third goal of the European Championship. Andrey Arshavin curls an inviting cross into the penalty area from a free kick and Dzagoev is on hand to head the ball inside the far post after a flick on from defender Ignashevich. The Russian fans go wild.
GOAL! Poland 0-1 RUSSIA DZAGOEV
2112: he is looking dangerous though, Kerzhakov. He receives the ball on the left and beats his defender before cutting inside onto his right and shooting from 30 yards. The ball loops over but that was good play from the Russia striker. Arshavin nearly threads in Kerzhakov but his pass is well cut out by Poland. Kerzhakov had seven chances to score against the Czech Republic on Friday and every single one missed the target. He retains his place in the starting line up though, despite Roman Pavlyuchenko taking his place in the last 15 minutes and scoring in Russia’s Group A opener.
2104: Poland score, but it is rightly ruled out for offside. Eugen Polanski is the one who thinks he has given his side the lead but he is a yard ahead of the defense as he latches onto Lewandowski’s pass.
2055: Robert Lewandowski goes close now for Poland and if this finds the back of the net, it is one of the goals of the tournament. He controls a header with his left thigh before unleashing a fierce volley with his left foot which flashes a yard over the bar. Great effort and he was unlucky there, Lewandowski.
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Christine O'Donnell eager to re-engage in political debate
- Obama slaps Putin with sanctions, restrictions on visas
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- House defeats Democrats' attempt to rebuke Issa
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again