- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
EURO 2012 LIVE: Sweden vs. England
Question of the Day
Sweden named its team early in the day:
2022: Cabaye hits the post! After a stunning spell of possession, the ball breaks loose to the Newcastle midfielder at the edge of the area and his fierce strike hits the outside of the goal frame. Ukraine’s goalkeeper didn’t even move.
2017: The French are threatening to run away with this game. Benzema, searching for his first goal of the tournament, gets a shot away from outside the penalty area for France, but it is straight at Myatov. Les Bleus are on the verge of making it 23 games unbeaten.
2012: That’s two goals in a four-minute span and France is going top of the group. Cabaye scores his first international goal when he runs on to Karim Benzema’s diagonal through-ball and shoots left-footed into the far corner. Ukraine’s players look stunned.
2008: Finally, Menez gets his goal! The Paris Saint-Germain winger cuts inside from the right and shoots left-footed inside the near post. The Donbass Arena is silenced. Hold on, another goal for France…
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq