- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
EURO 2012 LIVE: Ukraine vs. France
Question of the Day
There continues to be opportunities at both ends. Mexes rises at the back post and powers a header at goal which is saved well by Myatov. That was the last chance of a bright and breezy half.
1935: And now a chance for Shevchenko. The striker chests down a high ball over the top of the France defense and strikes a half-volley that Lloris bats away. That’s Ukraine’s best chance so far. Five minutes until halftime.
1929: What a chance for Menez! An overhit pass to Gusev at right back is stolen by Ribery, who cuts inside and crosses for Benzema in the middle of the area. The ball goes behind the Real Madrid striker but finds Menez, whose first-time shot is blocked by the legs of Myatov.
1923: The pitch is holding up well after such an unbelievable downpour only an hour ago. Andriy Yarmolenko goes close for Ukraine, coming in from the right before hitting a low left-foot shot that goes just the wrong side of the post.
1915: France has the ball in the back of the net but it’s disallowed for offside, correctly so. Franck Ribery played in Jeremy Menez, who slotted home a neat finish, but the Ukraine defense had stepped up very quickly. That’s good defending. Still 0-0.
1910: France’s players are enjoying more possession in the early stages and seem to be coping better on the wet turf since the match has resumed. Benzema had a slight opening in the area, but delayed on the ball and was eventually crowded out by defenders.
1902: The match has restarted and, almost straightaway, Benzema smashes in a fierce shot that is parried by goalkeeper Pyatov.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Chris Matthews: GOP less patriotic than South African white apartheid leaders
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
White House pets gone wild!