- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
EURO 2012 LIVE: Germany beats Portugal 1-0
Question of the Day
1800: They’re off.It’s a warm evening in Kharkiv.
1758: Stephan Andersen is in goal for Denmark after first choice Thomas Sorensen was ruled out of the tournament through injury. Daniel Agger captains Denmark and Mark van Bommel is captain of the Netherlands. The players shake hands and kick-off is imminent. The Netherlands are in their traditional orange kit whilst Denmark are in white. According to his official website, Huntelaar has scored 31 goals in 52 games for the Netherlands. He was top scorer in qualifying, too, with twelve goals in eight games.
1753: Denmark substitutes: Lindegaard, Christian Poulsen, Bjelland, Okore, Schone, Silberbauer, Pedersen, Wass, Jakob Poulsen, Kahlenberg, Mikkelsen, Schmeichel.Netherlands substitutes: Vorm, Mathijsen, Bouma, Kuyt, Huntelaar, Schaars, Strootman, Luuk De Jong, Narsingh, Boulahrouz, Van der Vaart, Krul.
1752: Striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is on the substitutes bench for the Netherlands.
1750: Four stewards hospitalized after Russia v Czech Republic. http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/soccer/russia-fans-at-euro-2012-attack-stewards-after-czech-match-4-stewards-hospitalized-158294485.html
1745: There you have it. At 18 years and 71 days, Jetro Willems becomes the youngest player to compete at a European Championship. Willems breaks the record set by Enzo Scifo of Belgium, who was 18 years and 115 days. Scifo played against Yugoslavia during Euro 1984.
1741: Teams: Denmark: Andersen, Agger, Jacobsen, Kjaer, Poulsen, Eriksen, Krohn-Dehli, Kvist, Zimling, Bendtner, Rommedhal. Netherlands: Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Van der Wiel, Vlaar, Willems, Afellay, De Jong, Sneijder, Van Bommel, Robben, Van Persie.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq