- Al Sharpton, Trayvon Martin’s parents rally against Fla. ‘stand your ground’ law
- Hillary Clinton campaign got illicit funds from D.C. scandal figure
- Obama administration backs off plan to cut prescription-drug program
- Tickets linked to stolen passports purchased by Iranian middleman
- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Ottawa day care suspends 2-year-old for ‘outside’ cheese sandwich
- Liam Neeson tells NYC mayor to ‘man up’ in horse carriage fight
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
3 NFL QBs sidelined by concussions on 1 day
Added Harbaugh: “You don’t want him out there with blurred vision. … He came up from the sneak and he had blurred vision and he felt that it would go away. He came over to the sideline and sat down and felt it would go away and it didn’t.”
Bears coach Lovie Smith said Cutler showed no symptoms of a concussion immediately after a helmet-to-helmet hit from Houston’s Tim Dobbins in the second quarter. Cutler finished the half, then was held out after halftime. While the play with Dobbins’ hit was being reviewed by the officials, Smith said: “Our trainers talked to him, evaluated him; he was fine from there. Players in the huddle didn’t see anything wrong with him at the time.”
Vick, meanwhile, was diagnosed with a “pretty significant” concussion, coach Andy Reid said. Reid wouldn’t rule Vick out for next Sunday’s game at the Washington Redskins; rookie Nick Foles would play if Vick doesn’t.
“You’ve got to get ready for both. We’re not too sure what the situation is, so we’ll wait and see there,” Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said. “With the concussion that he had, I don’t think you’re really sure.”
AP Sports Writers Janie McCauley, Andrew Seligman, Joseph White, John Wawrow and Dan Gelston contributed to this report.
Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Unanimous Senate passes bill on military sex assault to give victims more say in prosecution
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Atheists sue to remove 'Ground Zero Cross' from 9/11 museum
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS after months of talks
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: 'We are going to crush them'
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again