- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Johnny Football has Aggies riding high in SEC
“Right now, it is wall-to-wall Johnny Manziel,” Cook said about the media coverage. “The awareness for us is already there. Our approach is, we need to reach the right people with the right message to make the right decision. Our efforts are targeted directly at Heisman voters and the football writers.”
No freshman has ever won the award, and John David Crow is Texas A&M’s only winner, back in 1957.
Cook, who was instrumental in Texas A&M’s move from the Big 12 to the SEC, talked often about how the new league would bring increased exposure to the school.
“Our No. 1 decision factor was visibility, and Johnny Manziel is benefiting from that,” Cook said.
The Aggies can thank Manziel for some visibility, too.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.