- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
European players in the Ryder Cup
Question of the Day
2012 victories: Qatar Masters, Johnnie Walker Championship.
Backspin: It has been 13 years since his inaugural Ryder Cup at Brookline, the second-longest gap next to Christy O’Connor Jr., who went 14 years between matches. Skipped the U.S. Open to improve his chances of making the team. Won twice this year. He made his first team by winning the British Open when Jean Van de Velde had his collapse at Carnoustie. Lawrie teamed beautifully with Colin Montgomerie and lost only one match. Putting has been inconsistent this summer.
World ranking: 31.
Ryder Cups: 1.
Ryder Cup record: 0-2-1.
Career victories: 3.
2012 victories: Spanish Open.
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Ticket me Elmo? NYC mulls law for impersonators
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Government OKs Arab-owned company Gulftainer to operate U.S. cargo port
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world