- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
European players in the Ryder Cup
Backspin: The former PGA champion has all but disappeared this season, missing the cut in his last two majors and failing to win a tournament for the first time since his rookie season in Europe in 2007. This might be a player Europe has to hide. He played who matches (win, halve) with Westwood at Celtic Manor, and he won his match with Ian Poulter over Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler.
World ranking: 24.
Ryder Cups: 3.
Ryder Cup record: 8-3-0.
Career victories: 13.
2012 victories: None.
Backspin: Not so surprisingly, his game appears to be rounding into form as the Ryder Cup nears. Has won all three of his singles matches, and guaranteed a win over Matt Kuchar two years ago by saying, “I will deliver a point.” His teammates now call him “The Postman.” Not very long, not the greatest iron player, but makes putts from everywhere when they matter and has a great short game.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- KEENE: Nelson Mandela's legacy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!