- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
European players in the Ryder Cup
Backspin: The former PGA champion has all but disappeared this season, missing the cut in his last two majors and failing to win a tournament for the first time since his rookie season in Europe in 2007. This might be a player Europe has to hide. He played who matches (win, halve) with Westwood at Celtic Manor, and he won his match with Ian Poulter over Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler.
World ranking: 24.
Ryder Cups: 3.
Ryder Cup record: 8-3-0.
Career victories: 13.
2012 victories: None.
Backspin: Not so surprisingly, his game appears to be rounding into form as the Ryder Cup nears. Has won all three of his singles matches, and guaranteed a win over Matt Kuchar two years ago by saying, “I will deliver a point.” His teammates now call him “The Postman.” Not very long, not the greatest iron player, but makes putts from everywhere when they matter and has a great short game.
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again