- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
European players in the Ryder Cup
Backspin: The former PGA champion has all but disappeared this season, missing the cut in his last two majors and failing to win a tournament for the first time since his rookie season in Europe in 2007. This might be a player Europe has to hide. He played who matches (win, halve) with Westwood at Celtic Manor, and he won his match with Ian Poulter over Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler.
World ranking: 24.
Ryder Cups: 3.
Ryder Cup record: 8-3-0.
Career victories: 13.
2012 victories: None.
Backspin: Not so surprisingly, his game appears to be rounding into form as the Ryder Cup nears. Has won all three of his singles matches, and guaranteed a win over Matt Kuchar two years ago by saying, “I will deliver a point.” His teammates now call him “The Postman.” Not very long, not the greatest iron player, but makes putts from everywhere when they matter and has a great short game.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.