- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Michelle Bachmann says she lost her health insurance under Obamacare
Count Rep. Michelle Bachmann’s health insurance as more collateral damage of the Affordable Care Act.
Mrs. Bachmann, Minnesota Republican, said she lost her health insurance under Obamacare and will now be forced to go into the D.C. health exchange to purchase a plan.
But, she told CNN, she’s not planning to do so anytime soon.
“Are you kidding? I’m not gonna waste an hour on that thing,” she said. “I’m waiting until they fix this thing — I’m not going to sit there and frustrate myself for hours and hours.”
“At some point, we’re going to have to figure it out,” she continued. “I have a husband with very significant health issues — we have to have health insurance.”
“Now you can’t be denied — thanks, Barack Obama!” interjected Democratic strategist Paul Begala. “Thank God for Barack Obama — now you guys can’t be discriminated against.”
“No, no, no — actually, we we just fine before,” she said. “We’ll do it, but remember — there’s a few problems with this website the president has acknowledged. … I’m not going to waste my time and frustration until they get the thing fixed.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Supreme Court pushes consideration of N.J. gun case to April 25
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Michael Bloomberg charts $50M challenge to NRA: 'Got to make them afraid'
- McAuliffe's PAC off to fast start, with $254,000 raised in two weeks
- Virginia Republican Bob Marshall stands by remarks that raise eyebrows
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014