- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Carol Herman, a member of The Washington Times staff since 1999, has been Books Editor for the last seven years. An award-winning OnBooks columnist, she has been a guest on WTOP and has been a guest panelist on C-Span's BookTV. She holds a bachelor's degree from Tulane University and a master's degree in English literature from the University of Chicago.
From 1993-1997, Ms. Herman was president of the Literary Friends of the D.C. Public Library, a volunteer organization devoted to readers and writers in the Washington metropolitan area. She is married and has two children.
Articles by Carol Herman
With the 2012 Republican National Convention having sent its candidate forward and the Democratic National Convention set to do the same, this year's presidential campaign enters its most focused and fevered phase. Candidates, voters and dedicated observers of this vaunted political ritual would do well to take a deep breath and pick up a copy of "How to Win an Election," the advice Quintus Tullius Cicero sent his brother Marcus in 64 BC when the latter ran for consul, the highest office in the Roman republic. Published September 3, 2012
- BOOK REVIEW: 'How It All Began'
Published January 13, 2012
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Book of Man'
Published October 7, 2011
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Frank Batten'
Published September 14, 2011
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Thank You Economy'
Published August 22, 2011
- BOOK REVIEW: How to grow your business
Published February 28, 2011
- BOOK REVIEW: 'To the End of the Land'
Published October 22, 2010
- BOOK REVIEW: How apartheid came and went
Published November 10, 2009
- At 96, Virginia woman is hit book author
Published October 6, 2009
- BOOK REVIEW: A lifetime in pursuit of peace
Published October 1, 2009