- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - a.j. burnett
Reid Brignac's first start for the Philadelphia Phillies ended with him being mobbed by his teammates.
By the sixth inning, Mike Redmond's frustration got the best of him. The Miami Marlins manager shouted a profanity at the plate umpire and was ejected for the first time this season.
A.J. Burnett threw almost as many balls as strikes. He labored through a long first inning, fumed about a tight strike zone and tossed a water cooler when he came out of the game.
Bullpen breakdowns, defensive lapses and hitting inconsistency have added up to quite a few losses for the Philadelphia Phillies.
Garrett Richards helped Mike Trout have a perfect homecoming trip.
An abundance of home runs has powered the Toronto Blue Jays to their best streak of the season.
Washington Nationals right-hander Tanner Roark chalked up his latest outing as a learning experience for a young pitcher.
The Nationals have shown an ability to come from behind this season, but they can't count on doing it every single night.
A.J. Burnett isn't much for numbers except when it comes to strikeouts.
The Arizona Diamondbacks wasted Brandon McCarthy's best start of the year.
Ever since A.J. Burnett found out he had a hernia, he's been at his best.
A.J. Burnett made a couple of mistakes with his pitches and gave up the lead in the seventh inning. That was nothing compared to the huge error Carl Crawford committed for the Dodgers in the 10th.
Defense continues to be a problem for the Los Angeles Dodgers, who aren't getting enough offense to compensate for it.
A.J. Burnett's injury helped him improve his pitching.
After his first career complete game, Alex Wood was upset with his performance at the plate.
"I just didn't get it done," Burnett said. "I was pitching behind. I missed first pitches. The key today was throwing strikes. That was embarrassing. I don't care who you are, that is unacceptable."
"I just didn't get it done, that's the bottom line. I was pitching behind. I missed some first pitch strikes, but the key today was throwing strikes. That was embarrassing. I don't care who you are that is unacceptable," Burnett said. "First pitch strikes are big and coming out and setting the tone is big and neither of that was done today."