- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Topic - Ammar Asim Faruq Harris
A self-described pimp was sentenced Wednesday to 16 years to life in Nevada state prison in a rape and robbery case that served as a prelude to his death penalty trial later this year in a Las Vegas Strip shooting and fiery crash that left three people dead.
A Nevada judge agreed Wednesday to postpone sentencing until Feb. 26 for a self-described pimp who was convicted of sexual assault last September in one case and is due to stand trial later this year in a Las Vegas Strip shooting and fiery crash that left three people dead.
Harris, 27, said nothing as he stood in shackles flanked by five heavily armed jail guards, with his hands in orange protective mitts.