- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Topic - Amy Klobuchar
The Senate on Wednesday confirmed former federal prosecutor Andy Luger as the next U.S. attorney for Minnesota.
Sen. Amy Klobuchar says the crafting of a compromise five-year farm bill is a critical step toward providing support and certainty for Minnesota farmers.
Two senators working to cobble together a bipartisan budget solution predicted Sunday they will have a deal in place before Thursday's debt-ceiling deadline.
The Senate is moving to make metal theft a federal crime, with the Judiciary Committee poised to take action later this week on a bill that would impose a 10-year prison sentence on anyone caught stealing metal from telephone or cell towers, highway equipment or other critical infrastructure.
The Senate on Thursday voted to repeal a sales tax on medical devices that is part of President Obama's health-care law, a rare bipartisan attempt to strip away a section of the controversial reforms.
Two years after their party made historic inroads in a traditionally deep-blue state, Republicans in Minnesota find themselves again looking at a period of rebuilding.
Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty on Wednesday definitively ruled out a 2012 campaign for the U.S. Senate after ending his Republican bid for the White House a few days ago.
U.S. Sen. Amy Klobuchar is putting the spotlight on the growing shortage of medications, especially those used for treating cancer.
WASHINGTON (AP) Federal officials and Minnesota lawmakers will travel to the Twin Cities today to begin investigating the collapse of an interstate bridge into the Mississippi River in Minnesota.
Klobuchar says producing R-22 is what depletes the ozone layer, so nothing will stop rinks from using the recycled coolant.
"Throughout his distinguished career, Andy has demonstrated a commitment to justice and his experience makes him well-qualified to serve as our U.S. Attorney," Klobuchar said in a statement Wednesday. "With ongoing terrorism, drug, and financial fraud investigations and cases pending, the hard-working men and women in the Minnesota U.S. Attorney's office deserve a full-time leader and they now have one."