- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Board Of Education
Rapides Parish public schools students can expect 20 extra minutes of class time for a few more weeks this spring, thanks to another ice day.
East Baton Rouge Parish Superintendent Bernard Taylor told the school board he hopes to solicit proposals to create new schools in order to head off growing competition from charter schools.
State education officials are warning Pueblo City Schools the clock is ticking on their attempts to fix problems that could affect student graduations.
An urban high school that's struggling with high truancy rates has run into another roadblock to combat them: The new attendance officer has a criminal record for domestic violence that is causing some officials to reconsider his appointment.
Although he probably was unaware, President Obama conjured up a neatly wrapped birthday gift for Marion Barry the other day.
Union members are seeking the removal of a southern New Jersey school superintendent who is pursuing tenure charges against a teacher who reported finding two kindergarten students engaged in sex play.
The Central School Board wants to make it much harder for people who live outside the school district to send their children to Central schools illegally.
The Internal Revenue Service and the FBI are investigating the operation of the Jasper County School District.
Oregon schools will have a chance to keep their Native American mascots under a bill Gov. John Kitzhaber's signed into law Thursday.
The Springfield school board has chosen a southwest Missouri native to be the next superintendent of the state's largest school district.
Medical bills for more than 60 students sickened by an odor from a northern Illinois landfill will cost Waste Management more than $70,000.
Some Maryland school systems are seeking state relief from scheduling challenges caused by large numbers of snow days.
House and Senate committees have approved bills saying that seniority can't be the most significant factor considered by city and county school boards when they write policies for laying off teachers due to funding problems or declining enrollment.
A Groton school board member has criticized Superintendent Michael Graner's request that board members not speak to the media.
The chairwoman of the state Board of Education has apologized after accusing Providence's schools superintendent of "grandstanding" following her testimony in opposition of a new high school graduation requirement.