- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
Topic - Board Of Education
For the life of me, I can't seem to figure out why and how unions get into the business of educating our children. They always seem to do more harm than good, and those who suffer the most seem to be the ones unions profess to protect — the rank-and-file teachers.
From school board races to Senate primaries, the education reform package known as Common Core is proving uncommonly divisive this campaign season, popping up as an issue in primary elections all over the country.
Black Rock High School senior Rachael Weekley finished first in her class, but she might be better remembered in the community for being last.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School Board has scheduled a Tuesday vote to make Karen Gaborik the interim superintendent.
A Michigan teacher humiliated a student with Asperger's syndrome by videotaping him after he became wedged in a chair and showing the footage to his fifth-grade class and her colleagues, the school's superintendent wrote in a letter obtained Friday by The Associated Press.
Last fall, Mesa Public Schools received a letter from a national organization requesting prayers before the start of public school board meetings be removed and threatening a lawsuit if that action wasn’t taken.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School Board will consider new maps that could shrink its membership from 11 members to nine, or perhaps fewer.
A parents' group in favor of changing the starting date of Sioux Falls public schools has submitted enough valid petition signatures to force a public vote.
An Iowa high school principal whose district wants him fired has requested that school board members hold their talks about his future in public, saying he has nothing to hide.
The West Baton Rouge Parish School Board has narrowed to four the pool of potential candidates vying to become the parish's next school superintendent.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough is disputing the school board made defamatory comments when firing a superintendent.
One education advocacy group is asking for the public's feedback on how the Lafayette Parish School Board conducts itself and its business during its board meetings.
Mississippi's state Board of Education has approved spending about $8.4 million on standardized tests aligned with the new Common Core state standards.
The chairman of the School Board in Vermont's largest city says the board wants the public's help in selecting a new interim school superintendent.
New laws should make it easier for parents to see how their children's schools and districts are doing compared to others in Florida, experts told the state Board of Education on Tuesday.