- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Center For American Progress
The Brattleboro (Vt.) Reformer, April 11, 2014
A new study finds that the typical 401(k) fees — adding up to a modest-sounding 1 percent a year — would erase $70,000 from an average worker's account over a four-decade career compared with lower-cost options. To compensate for the higher fees, someone would have to work an extra three years before retiring.
Ohio's former governor was tapped Wednesday to promote liberal causes in his home state and across the country as head of an influential Washington think tank's advocacy arm.
Chuck Schumer, the Senate's No. 3 Democrat, thinks the Internal Revenue Service hasn't done enough to silence the Tea Party.
The Center for American Progress said on Wednesday that an accurate accounting of jobs created by the oil and gas industry requires excluding “indirect jobs” created by it, but the group has included such jobs in its calculations of green energy employment.
The White House has trumpeted President Obama's surgeon general nominee as president of a grass-roots doctors group, but Doctors for America, founded by Dr. Vivek Murthy, is actually a well-connected liberal-leaning operation.
The Democratic strategist whom President Obama has summoned to right a flailing White House also poses an optics challenge for an administration that has gone to great pains to distance itself from lobbying and influence makers.
Several think tanks will hold a conference Thursday linking the Arab Spring to global warming.
A new report by one of President Obama's favorite liberal think tanks suggests that the answer to curbing Chicago's gun violence is raising the minimum wage.
When the Center for American Progress (CAP, or as wags suggest, Center for Reversing American Progress) issues a press release calling for higher energy taxes, you can bet it's going to sound a whole lot like the Obama administration. No left-wing organization is more closely tied to the White House since ACORN slunk away than the Center for American Progress, whose president, John Podesta, headed President Obama's transition team. His team vetted the personnel and developed the policies largely responsible for the president's performance so far. When those people leave the administration, they go right over to CAP, two high-profile cases being "green jobs czar" Van Jones and "climate and energy czar" Carol M. Browner.