- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Topic - Center For Constitutional Rights
The Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) is a non-profit legal advocacy organization based in New York City, U.S., co-founded in 1966 by self-described "radical lawyer" William Kunstler. In recent years, CCR has been frequently in the news for its civil liberties and human rights litigation and activism, as well as its legal assistance to the people imprisoned in the Guantanamo Bay detainment camp. - Source: Wikipedia
The Holy See's press officer said Tuesday that its report on an anti-torture agreement which will be made to the U.N. next month is routine, and a part of its obligations as a signatory to the treaty.
Victims of clergy sex abuse upset that no high-ranking Roman Catholic leaders have been prosecuted for sheltering guilty priests went to the International Criminal Court on Tuesday, seeking an investigation of the pope and top Vatican cardinals for possible crimes against humanity.
The father of a U.S.-Yemeni citizen known as al Qaeda's top English-language Internet recruiter is fighting to have his son removed from a list of potential targets for kill or capture by the CIA or the U.S. military, and two prominent civil liberties groups want to do his bidding in court.