- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Chesapeake
When federal officials closed national parks during last year's government shutdown, it meant nearly 8 million fewer visits to the parks and cost local communities more than $400 million in economic activity, the National Park Service said Monday.
Without missing a beat, Mr. Rawls looked to the crowd at Seven Cities Freedom Biker Church and began his hourlong sermon on making no excuses when it comes to following God.
Anne Arundel County Police say a woman walking in an Edgewater neighborhood was struck and killed by a car that drifted down a hill behind her.
Anne Arundel County police are investigating a stabbing near a shopping center in Glen Burnie and have charged a suspect with assault.
A former Chesapeake police officer accused of shaking down prostitutes has pleaded guilty to embezzlement.
A West Virginia man has pleaded guilty in Virginia to paying bribes to public officials.
Chesapeake's top prosecutor says no crimes were committed when the city built three temporary jail facilities without required state approval.
A prosecutor says no criminal charges will be filed following an investigation into the construction of three temporary housing facilities at the Chesapeake Correctional Center.
Football signees announced Wednesday by Wake Forest, with name, position, height, weight, school and hometown:
A souvenir T-shirt touting Chesapeake missed the mark on the city's founding by 175 years.
Love, come Saturday, became a little costlier for Rose Lauver.
Railroad operator Norfolk Southern has opened a new terminal in Chesapeake.
A Virginia rock climber has been indicted on a manslaughter charge, accused of killing a friend with a claw hammer at the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historical Park in Maryland.
Up to 10 inches of snow has fallen in Virginia's coastal region and more is expected.
The coast of Virginia was blanketed in up to 10 inches of snow Wednesday, with many workers in the heavily populated Hampton Roads region being told to stay home rather than travel to work in dangerous conditions.