- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - City Council
Officials in Leesville have taken the first step toward development of a residential and commercial area on the city's outskirts.
An ordinance that gradually increases the minimum wage in Seattle to $15 an hour was approved Thursday by a City Council committee, setting up a full council vote next week.
Los Angeles city leaders are investigating accusations that some city street crews have been taking extended breaks while on the job instead of repairing potholes and sidewalks.
It was all Drake, all the time - at least for most of the five hours the Colorado Springs Utilities Board spent Wednesday at its monthly meeting discussing the power plant that was crippled by a May 5 fire.
A small-town Kansas mayor faces an August recall vote after critics say she violated the state's open meetings law and doesn't get along well with most City Council members.
The Diamondhead Taxpayers Association has gathered 160 signed objections to the city's notice to issue a $1.28 million public bond to buy the former church building it has been using as City Hall.
The City Council in the Detroit suburb of Lincoln Park has voted to reject a consent agreement with the state to fix the city's finances.
Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson led the City Council in approving a $477 million arena for the Kings NBA franchise late Tuesday and immediately hailed the project for raising the city's profile.
Portland voters soundly rejected a proposal to take the management of water and sewers away from the City Council.
Sacramento's City Council on Tuesday approved a financing plan for the Kings NBA franchise, clearing the way for construction on a $477 million downtown arena.
Hundreds of Fort Wayne city workers and others booed at times as City Council members discussed proposals to scale back or eliminate collective bargaining for city employees.
City Council in Saginaw has rejected a proposed ordinance to guarantee city residents and visitors equal treatment in employment and public accommodations, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan is supporting legislation to help Detroit emerge from bankruptcy but says he wants a role for the City Council on a financial oversight board.
Kathleen O'Toole, a one-time Boston police commissioner and former inspector general for Ireland's national police force, was nominated Monday as Seattle's first female police chief.
City officials say Leesville's Municipal Golf Course is losing business because it doesn't have enough golf carts.