- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Topic - Dan Benishek
Congressman Dan Benishek, Republican from the 1st district of Michigan, responds to a question from a TellDC user about the current flood of underage immigrants along the southern borders.
Shortly after Rep. Dan Benishek arrived in Washington, staffers raised a banner that proclaimed to visitors in his Capitol Hill suite: "If you are here to ask for more money, you're in the wrong office!"
He says the immigration services are not equipped to deal with such a large amount of under aged individuals and wonders how the immigration service is going to re-unite these children with their parents.
"There are inconsistencies in your testimony," he said. "It's very disturbing to me that here we are trying to reform the VA, and we get inconsistent answers. It makes us not want to trust anything that comes from you people."