- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Topic - Dan Benishek
Congressman Dan Benishek, Republican from the 1st district of Michigan, responds to a question from a TellDC user about the current flood of underage immigrants along the southern borders.
Shortly after Rep. Dan Benishek arrived in Washington, staffers raised a banner that proclaimed to visitors in his Capitol Hill suite: "If you are here to ask for more money, you're in the wrong office!"
He says the immigration services are not equipped to deal with such a large amount of under aged individuals and wonders how the immigration service is going to re-unite these children with their parents.
"There are inconsistencies in your testimony," he said. "It's very disturbing to me that here we are trying to reform the VA, and we get inconsistent answers. It makes us not want to trust anything that comes from you people."