- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Dan Gross
Gun control groups are in full-blown campaign mode in this week leading up to the anniversary of the Newtown tragedy. However, the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence became defensive when asked about the the first successful statewide recall elections in Colorado.
It was only a single sentence in President Obama's speech about the Navy Yard shootings, but it spoke volumes about his inability to enact gun control in Congress.
Prospects that the District will become the first jurisdiction in the nation to require gun owners to purchase liability insurance were dampened Thursday when Mayor Vincent C. Gray made known that he does not support the proposed legislation.
Gun control advocates sputter at their own impotence. The National Rifle Association is politically ascendant. And Barack Obama's White House pledges to safeguard the Second Amendment in its first official response to the deaths of at least 12 people in a mass shooting at a new Batman movie screening in suburban Denver.
"They are talking about a community-based reporting system. Do what these other companies did and shut it down. Shut down the private sales of guns," he said.
won and done.” He added, “That’s not how it worked with the original