- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Earl Blumenauer
The first thought that pops into the mind of Rep. Earl Blumenauer when he sees prices at the gasoline pump is: They ought to be higher. The Oregon Democrat introduced legislation Tuesday to nearly double the federal gas tax from 18.4 cents per gallon to 33.4 cents over the next three years. By indexing the amount to inflation, the tax would hike itself automatically each year.
An Oregon Democrat has introduced legislation to legalize marijuana for medical use at the federal level.
On a biggest day of the year for candy hearts and chocolate kisses, a bipartisan group of lawmakers argued that conditions are right to finally rein in federal sugar subsidies.
Rep. Earl Blumenauer, Oregon Democrat, declared that "nobody" read the 1,528-page, trillion-dollar spending bill that Congress enacted.
Rep. Earl Blumenauer, an Oregon Democrat, said there was a difference between marijuana and other drugs such as heroin: "Marijuana doesn't appear to be killing people."