- Planned Parenthood rebrands ‘pro-choice’ as ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Gertrude Walker
Elections watchdog group True the Vote has filed a federal lawsuit against St. Lucie County Elections Supervisor Gertrude Walker for failure to comply with federal law after the congressional race and recount between then-Rep. Allen B. West and his challenger, current Rep. Patrick Murphy.
Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy declared victory Sunday over Rep. Allen B. West after a partial recount this weekend showed him still leading by more than half a percentage point — though Mr. West is refusing to concede, and questions linger over how ballots were treated in one Florida county.
In court filings this week, she said she is following the procedures laid out in Florida law and doesn't have the authority to order a full recount right now.
She said Mr. West should wait until the results are certified, then challenge Mr. Murphy's election.