- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - House Committee On Veterans Affairs
San Diego's Mayor Bob Filner is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at a conference on sexual assault in the military next month.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: My husband is buried at the RIverside National Cemetery. He died on April 25, 1987, and was interred May 12, 1987. What are the requirements for spouse burial? Due to his alcoholism and abuse, we were separated at the time of his death but not divorced. Thanks to his lack of financial support for his family and his alcoholic expenditures, retirement savings were impossible. I live on my Social Security and am concerned about final expenses.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: My wife recently suffered a heart attack during her sleep and died. One week later, I was informed that I had prostate cancer. In May 2011, I filed a claim with VA, and heard nothing, I filed another claim August 2011. Thanks to your intervention, I received a call from a VA rep in Oakland and notification of scheduled medical appointments on May 5, and 6. On May 22, I received a packet requesting any supporting documentation, which I then sent to them.
Dear Sgt. Shaft: Do the TRICARE fee increases affect medically retired personnel? I have seen articles saying yes, and some saying no. It is as confusing as the phone call I got about making the premium payments. Thank you for helping out.