- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Texas A&M kicks off FAA-backed drone tests for business ventures
- Bad loser: ‘Call of Duty’ gamer calls in SWAT team on teen who won
- Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn’t always bad
- Ben Sasse scores Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement for Nebraska Senate primary
- Beer-flavored lollipops make debut: ‘An All-American slam-dunk’
- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Topic - John Conyers
An aide to Democratic Rep. John Conyers — one of the loudest voices on Capitol Hill for additional federal gun control laws — caught a lucky break just recently.
The news story "Rivals betting Rep. Conyers vulnerable in Aug. primary" (Web, Monday) leaves readers with the impression that the Michigan Democrat's days in the House might be numbered.
Challengers to U.S. Rep. John Conyers Jr. say the well-known Detroit Democrat is running on historical reputation and not recent record. And with redistricting adding more conservative suburban voters to Michigan's 13th District, they think the incumbent may be vulnerable in the state's Aug. 7 Democratic primary.
For two decades, Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson has been an outspoken voice for Democrats in her signature bright blazer and multicolored scarf.
Back when President Obama toured the company last year, California-based Solyndra LLC billed itself as an innovative solar-panel maker whose product would transform the energy market and create lots of jobs near its Fremont, Calif., headquarters.
House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers has told Stephen Colbert how happy he was that the comedian's appearance filled the seats for a hearing on illegal farm workers. Then he tried to kick him out.
Taking his blowhard act to Congress, comedian Stephen Colbert told lawmakers that one day picking beans alongside illegal immigrants convinced him that farm work is "really, really hard."
Americans avail themselves of an abundance of credit, debit and prepay card products.That's what choice is all about. But changes are in the wind on Capitol Hill.
James Taranto, the very clever Wall Street Journal writer and editor of Opinion Journal.com, has a thesis regarding our political culture. He believes the liberals are victims of their own cultural hegemony. They say things that are quite inaccurate. Their inaccuracies are repeated by their intellectual lookalikes throughout the culture. They reread their inaccuracies and are roundly confirmed in their ignorance.
You choose, John
You choose, John
"It seems clear that the government's activity exceeds the authority this Congress has provided, both in letter and in spirit," said Mr. Conyers, adding that he would introduce legislation Friday to impose restrictions and new oversight for surveillance programs.
The House Judiciary Committee's ranking Democrat, Rep. John Conyers of Michigan, told Mr. Mueller that the surveillance programs reach too far.