- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - jorge posada
Florida State's Jameis Winston had a much more efficient weekend series against rival Miami than the Heisman Trophy winner did against the New York Yankees earlier in the week. He had quiet day in the much anticipated exhibition against the Yankees, outside of posing for pictures with Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada.
Derek Jeter, who announced this would be his last season, represented the pride of the storied baseball franchise as well as any player ever did who wore the pinstripes.
One by one, Derek Jeter watched them walk away.
More than sheer numbers, Derek Jeter's career has been defined by memorable moments. Going into the final season before he retires, a look back at what the New York Yankees has already done:
Gio Gonzalez is thrilled to have Doug Fister in the Nats' rotation and says it is still a very confident team despite their disappointing 2013 campaign.
Gio Gonzalez has been working with former Yankees catcher Jorge Posada once a week this offseason.
Brian McCann arrived at Yankee Stadium on Nov. 19 and was greeted on the field by CC Sabathia and the pitcher's kids.
Humble as ever, Mariano Rivera began his special day by paying tribute to a Hall of Famer.
With the entire Yankees' team looking on — including longtime teammates Derek Jeter and Andy Pettitte — Rivera said he knew the time was right for his decision.
Mariano Rivera and his family walked into the pavilion behind the third-base stands at Steinbrenner Field followed by his New York Yankees' teammates.
Yankees closer Mariano Rivera did more than throw on Friday. He also called balls and strikes.
Alex Rodriguez was speaking on a conference call.
Andy Pettitte will be back on the mound in the Bronx on Sunday, and the New York Yankees are hoping he can again be a reliable presence in their rotation.
Ivan Rodriguez plans to announce his retirement Monday, ending a 21-year major league career that included a record 13 Gold Gloves at catcher.
Prosecutors on Monday said they might call former baseball players Barry Bonds and Jose Canseco, current baseball Commissioner Bud Selig and New York Yankees general manager Brian Cashman as witnesses in the Roger Clemens perjury case. The defense said it might call former Clemens teammates Paul O'Neill, Jorge Posada and Mike Stanton and baseball writer Peter Gammons.
"It was an honor and privilege to have Derek next to me for all those years. He made me a better player and a better person," Posada said in a statement.
"He made me a better player and a better person," longtime teammate Jorge Posada said.