- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Topic - Lds Church
Any time Mormon leaders sense a decline of moral standards in the world, they roll out sermons on modesty.
David Stewart felt ill-equipped to preach his Mormon faith in recently opened Russia in 1992, when he arrived there as a young missionary. Sure, he had learned the language, but nothing of the culture he was about to engage. And it certainly wasn't like being at home in Maryland.
With the recent addition of animated multimedia and a Facebook page, the LDS Church is joining what one of its leaders said is a "growing chorus" of faith groups around the country seeking to engage followers in the issue of religious freedom.
At the invitation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Southern Baptist and evangelical leader Richard Land was in Utah this week. He met with the Deseret News on Thursday to share his views on faith, family and religious freedom.
Boys Scouts of America leaders recently received a boost for its proposed policy on gays from a powerful stakeholder — the Mormon church.
Mitt Romney's run for president in 2012 has blazed a new path for Mormons, making him the first member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to fight his way to the top of a major-party ticket and into the hearts of millions of Americans on the biggest of political stages.