- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
Topic - Lebanese Armed Forces
The Lebanese army says its soldiers have captured a senior operative with an al-Qaida-linked group that has carried out attacks across the Middle East.
BEIRUT (AP) — Lebanese army official: Senior al-Qaida commander dies in detention in Lebanon.
The United Nations is urging restraint after a Lebanese sniper shot and killed an Israeli soldier near the border, sparking a retaliatory incident by IDF troops and leading to a scheduled emergency meeting on Monday to try to diffuse the tensions.
Echoes of the Beirut Marine barracks bombing 30 years on
Former Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora is warning that a congressional effort to cut funds to the country's armed forces would be "a gift" to Hezbollah and its Iranian allies.
Lebanese and Israeli troops exchanged fire on the border Tuesday in the most serious clashes since a fierce war four years ago. Four people were killed, including two Lebanese soldiers and an Israeli army officer.
CHBAIL, Lebanon — Hezbollah is buying up large tracts of land owned by Christians and non-Shi'ite Muslims in southern Lebanon as the militant group rebuilds its defenses in preparation for a new war with Israel, local and national officials say.