- Education Department botching loan-amnesty program: GAO review
- Snowden: NSA uses fake Facebook to hack into users’ computers
- Tearin’ up my tweet: ‘N Sync’s Lance Bass promotes wrong Obamacare website
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- Pentagon: U.S. F-16 fighter jets to train with Poland near Ukraine
- Jerry Sandusky’s wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Ben Carson: America’s now ‘very much like Nazi Germany’
- Heroin found on N.J. toddler at day care
- Pistorius trial: Police conduct faces scrutiny
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Oregon Department Of Education
New state figures show that Latinos now make up a quarter of Oregon's first-grade enrollment, and the state has eight districts in which Latinos are a majority, according to new figures from the Oregon Department of Education.
A study shows many tribal children do poorly in Oregon public schools, in part because they're frequently absent and their schools often show up at the bottom of state rankings.
More than 20 states have procrastinated in meeting the No Child Left Behind law's requirement that all students reach grade-level proficiency by 2014 and will be hard-pressed to make needed improvements before the deadline, a report released today shows.