- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Rick Abben
Five months after two young cousins vanished while riding their bikes, residents of the northeast Iowa community where they were last seen are anxiously waiting to hear whether two bodies found by hunters are those of the missing girls.
California has transformed into a powerhouse player in stem-cell research, but the taxpayer-funded institute responsible for that needs an overhaul, a report released Thursday found.
Capt. Abben said at a news conference Thursday that investigators were "confident" the bodies were those of Lyric and Elizabeth, based on evidence found at the scene and a preliminary investigation.
"It's definitely not the outcome that we wanted, obviously," said Abben, appearing to fight back tears.