- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Senate Committee
A Senate committee has snuffed out a bill to regulate the sale of electronic cigarettes in Utah.
The state Legislature voted Friday to approve funding for cancer research facilities at Oregon Health & Science University, got the budget back in balance and then adjourned the 2014 session.
A proposal that would increase Salt Lake City's hotel space - making more room for outdoor gear shows, conferences and the crowds they bring - is advancing in the state Legislature.
A measure voicing support to move the Utah state prison out of a developing tech corridor has advanced in the state Legislature.
A Senate committee at Utah's Republican-controlled Legislature has heard but taken no action on a Democrat plan to fully expand Medicaid in Utah.
Measures to clear Utah's murky wintertime skies are working their way through the state Legislature. But with only a week to clinch a final OK from state lawmakers this legislative session, it's unclear how many of them will become law.
A Senate committee Thursday unanimously approved a bill allowing Utah parents of children with severe epilepsy to legally obtain a marijuana-derived extract they say helps with seizures.
A House and Senate committee both approved a bill that would prevent insurance companies from discriminating against gun owners.
Liberals insist on saving the shiny pigtoe, the Virginia fringed snail and the duskytail darter. No expense should be spared if it means preserving an obscure insect or a curious mussel.
A Senate committee has voted to expand the amount of time lobbyists can give personal donations to candidates running for office in Wisconsin.
Lawmakers are moving forward with creating an exclusion list of people the Illinois Gaming Board deems shouldn't be involved with video gambling.
A Senate committee on Thursday recommended passage of a bill sought by the Kansas Republican Party that would make it more difficult for voters to switch parties before voting in primary elections.
A state Senate committee has overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan bill that would purge information from Wisconsin's popular online court records database.
Authorities say a 64-year-old man has fallen off an indoor roller coaster at a Wisconsin theme park.
Legislation in the Rhode Island Senate would allow police to issue warnings to drivers who are seen smoking in a vehicle containing a young child.