- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Senate Of Virginia
Democrats reshaped the power structure of the Virginia Senate on Tuesday after winning a close special election that gave their party narrow control of the upper chamber.
A race that will determine the balance of power in the Virginia Senate is headed to a recount.
A recount Monday confirmed that Democrat Lynwood W. Lewis Jr. won a special election for a Virginia Senate seat this month, giving effective control of the General Assembly's upper chamber to Democrats.
The start of the Virginia Senate session was marked by the return of Sen. Creigh Deeds less than two months after being stabbed multiple times by his son, who then committed suicide at their Bath County home
The candidates for lieutenant governor offer Virginia voters a stark choice: a socially conservative Republican opposed to abortion and a Democratic state senator and physician best known for his defense of women's reproductive rights.
Lt. Gov. Bill Bolling announced his opposition Friday to uranium mining and milling in Virginia, citing the potential to slow business and job growth in Southside Virginia and concerns about its environmental impact.
Democratic leaders in the Virginia Senate on Tuesday again urged Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell to call a special session to discuss how the state will address the federal health care overhaul.
Democratic leaders in the Virginia Senate on Tuesday once again urged Republican Gov. Bob McDonnell to call a special session to discuss how the state will address the federal health care overhaul.
Even Sheldon Adelson only gets to vote once.
In 1969, I ran for the Virginia state Senate as a Democrat. Not because any party grandees came to my door and begged -- or even suggested -- I throw my hat in the ring. I did it because I talked with my friends and neighbors in Richmond and across the state.
Democrat Tim Kaine, who released his first television ad Tuesday, is targeting female audiences with fall advertising buys as he and Republican George Allen both try to woo the critical voting bloc in the closely watched Virginia Senate race.
The Chamber of Commerce Thursday spent a whopping $1.6 million on television ads opposing Bill Nelson in Florida's Senate race and $1 million attacking Democrat Tim Kaine in the race for a Virginia Senate seat against Republican George Allen, disclosures showed Thursday.
The Virginia Senate, with little warning and no debate, abruptly reversed course and approved a two-year, $85 billion budget bill Wednesday afternoon by a 21-19 vote — a day after Democrats in the chamber blocked one for the third time this year.
The Virginia Senate approved a new two-year, $85 billion budget bill Wednesday — a day after Democrats in the chamber had blocked one for the third time this year.