- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - U.N. Court
Martell Webster's left ankle sprain has healed quickly and, barring any setbacks, he expects to play Friday at the Atlanta Hawks.
Australia had a gay-marriage law — for five days. On Thursday, the country's highest court struck it down, sidelining the dreams of more than two dozen gay couples who had traded vows but now faced immediate annulment.
Miami will have its three best players on the court Tuesday night at Indiana.
The lawyers for a 400-pound Egyptian inmate at Guantanamo Bay had their request rejected for a court to get involved with his medical handling.
Florida Rep. Alan Grayson, known as a heated defender of Democratic Party principles and partisan attacker of Republican views — especially during the Obamacare debates — was one of more than 100 victims of a massive stock trade scheme.
A right knee injury to Kevin Seraphin makes the foot injury to Nene even more significant for the Wizards, who will have no size coming off the bench if neither can play Monday.
Martell Webster had to be carried off the court Friday when he hurt his left ankle but was able to get up shots at practice. Al Harrington had irritation in his knee and is going to visit the doctor again.
With a limited roster, starting lineup and end of game decisions are rather apparent for the Wizards. When all return, not so much.
Defensively strong throughout against High Point throughout, Georgetown's offense dominated the second half for an 80-45 win.
Derrick Rose isn't wavering.
The game between the San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Timberwolves was postponed Wednesday night because of smoky conditions inside the Mexico City arena.
Coach Randy Wittman has to see what Otto Porter looks like in back-to-back practices before declaring his status for Friday's game vs. Milwaukee.
While the Spurs and Timberwolves were warming up for their regular-season matchup, lights went out in parts of the arena and smoke began pouring out of vents in the upper deck.
Otto Porter has yet to play for the Wizards, but coach Randy Wittman hinted he might play as early as this week vs. the Milwaukee Bucks.
The secret network of black-site prisons across Europe that the CIA used to interrogate terror suspects got a rare public hearing Tuesday at Europe's human rights court.