- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Topic - Virginia State Police
Authorities are investigating a small plane crash that injured two people in Louisa County.
A former Greene County deputy has been sentenced for soliciting a minor online.
Virginia State Police are investigating a head-on crash on Route 11 in August County that left two dead.
Some states, including Virginia, are reporting a rise in heroin use as many addicts shift from more costly and harder-to-get prescription opiates to this cheaper alternative. A look at what's happening in Virginia:
In a story March 26 about a report on an attack on a Virginia state senator by his son, The Associated Press reported erroneously the surname of the executive director of the Virginia Coalition for Open Government. Her name is Megan Rhyne, not Rhyme.
A shuttle bus transporting a group back from a birthday party collided with a car and overturned before dawn Sunday along a highway south of the nation's capital, leaving one person dead and sending 16 others to the hospital, Virginia State Police said.
A former Washington & Lee student faces more charges stemming from a wreck that killed another student.
A funeral service is set Tuesday for a Virginia State Police trooper who died while on duty.
A trooper with the Virginia State Police has died while on duty.
The thousands of truckers who promised to shut down the Beltway didn't materialize, but those who did caravan around the region's main artery made their presence known.
Three were killed Sunday in 17 separate wrecks involving 95 cars along Interstate 77, a highway that runs through the mountainous region of Virginia near the North Carolina border.
Virginia State Police say three people have been killed and more than 20 are injured following a 75-vehicle pileup on Interstate 77 near the Virginia-North Carolina border.
Two unrelated truck crashes, one of them fatal, snarled mid-afternoon traffic on the Beltway on Tuesday.
A Virginia State Police trooper injured by a drunk driver was recovering Sunday, a trooper spokeswoman said.
Nine people died on Virginia highways over the Memorial Day weekend, three fewer victims than last year despite a record-high number of travelers, state police said.