- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
By Tammy Bruce
Topic - Virginia State Police
Alexandria police said Thursday that the fatal shooting of a music teacher last month and the killing last year of a regional planning official "appear to be linked" to the decade-old unsolved slaying of the wife of the city's former sheriff.
A D.C. man has suffered serious injuries after a tractor-trailer jackknifed on the Capital Beltway in northern Virginia.
The seemingly endless winter dumped a half a foot snow on the ground in parts of the South, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, and many areas Tuesday morning saw something even more unusual in March: a blast of arctic air that sent temperatures plummeting into the single digits.
Virginia State Police say storm-slickened roads were factors in three traffic deaths.
Authorities are reporting mostly minor traffic crashes on Virginia roadways during the height of the winter storm.
The winter storm is being blamed for a traffic fatality in Virginia.
Light traffic volume kept drivers off the roads, and authorities reported mostly minor crashes on the highways during the height of the winter storm.
Winter kept its icy hold on much of the country Monday, with snow falling and temperatures dropping as schools and offices closed and people from the South and Mid-Atlantic to Northeast reluctantly waited out another storm indoors.
An expansive winter storm that stretched from the mountains to the coast caused numerous closures, flight cancellations and one traffic-related fatality in Virginia on Monday.
Virginia State Police say a man found dead in an Interstate 85 travel lane had been hit by several vehicles.
Virginia State Police say two students suffered minor injuries when a car rear-ended a school bus in Scott County.
Virginia State Police are trying to determine what caused a van transporting eight inmates to crash in Caroline county.
State police say a van carrying eight Virginia prison inmates ran off the road in Caroline County, resulting in minor injuries to all eight inmates and serious injuries to the driver.
A Clintwood man has been charged with first-degree murder after police found a woman dead inside a wrecked sport-utility vehicle.
Virginia State Police say a teenager suffered minor injuries when the van he was driving rammed a trooper's vehicle and then overturned during a chase on Interstate 95.