- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
Topic - Winslow T. Wheeler
The Air Force's A-10 "Warthog," which provides close air support for ground troops, has survived enemy anti-aircraft fire for decades but is about to be downed by the budget cutter's pen.
House Republicans have added more than a half-billion dollars to the defense budget, even as Pentagon officials are struggling to meet their target of cutting spending by $487 billion over the next decade.
"The F-35 is an unaffordable disaster, especially on the close air support mission," Mr. Wheeler said.
"Anybody who says they know what the next war is going to be like and therefore we need 'X' and should discard 'Y' is a person with an agenda."