Well, it’s back from the holiday break. Today has already taken me to Temple’s football practice, and now it’s a matter of settling in at Comcast Center for Maryland-Florida Atlantic basketball.
There’s already a little bit of intrigue here involving more than a third of the roster. Where to start?
* Cliff Tucker, fresh off a 13-point outburst against Winston-Salem State, is drawing the start in place of Sean Mosley. It’s the first start of the season for Tucker.
* Mosley has a slight left ankle sprain (EDIT: just corrected). He was in warmups and apparently could play if needed. We’ll see if it comes to that.
* Jordan Williams is back in the starting lineup in the paint. His efficiency on Tuesday night was remarkable, and is pretty clearly being rewarded.
* After making two starts after a return from suspension, Dino Gregory is coming off the bench. Gregory didn’t take a shot in Tuesday’s rout of Winston-Salem State.
* Walk-on David Pearman (sprained knee) is in uniform. Looks like his injury was a one-game deal.
* Sophomore Steve Goins is back in Chicago getting his knee examined by his hometown doctor. Goins has played four minutes this season.
—- Patrick Stevens