Wake Forest was going to be the No. 1 overall seed in this week’s bracket breakdown.
Instead, the Demon Deacons lost last night.
So instead the top spot is handed over to Duke.
Yes, Duke. For what seems like the 78th straight year, the Blue Devils are viewed as the best of the best.
For now, anyway.
Here’s a full bracket breakdown:
(1) ACC/Duke vs. (16) MEAC/Morgan State
(8) Ohio State vs. (9) MOUNTAIN WEST/Utah
(4) Texas vs. (13) SUN BELT/Western Kentucky
(5) Syracuse vs. (12) Dayton
(3) UCLA vs. (14) BIG SKY/Weber State
(6) Minnesota vs. (11) Villanova
(2) BIG EAST/Louisville vs. (15) AMERICA EAST/Albany
(7) Tennessee vs. (10) Virginia Tech
(1) Pittsburgh vs. (16) SWAC/Alabama State-SOUTHLAND/Texas A&M-Corpus Christi
(8) Baylor vs. (9) Saint Mary’s
(4) Clemson vs. (13) MAAC/Siena
(5) PAC-10/California vs. (12) CAA/George Mason
(3) A-10/Xavier vs. (14) BIG SOUTH/VMI
(6) Miami vs. (11) Florida
(2) BIG TEN/Michigan State vs. (15) BIG WEST/Long Beach State
(7) West Virginia vs. (10) WAC/Utah State
(1) Connecticut vs. (16) NEC/Robert Morris
(8) SOUTHERN/Davidson vs. (9) Missouri
Kansas City, Mo.
(4) HORIZON/Butler vs. (13) MVC/Northern Iowa
(5) Illinois vs. (12) Florida State
(3) Arizona State vs. (14) PATRIOT/American
(6) Notre Dame vs. (11) UNLV
(2) North Carolina vs. (15) OVC/Austin Peay
(7) Kansas vs. (10) Wisconsin
(1) Wake Forest vs. (16) A-SUN/East Tennessee State
(8) Purdue vs. (9) Washington
(4) Marquette vs. (13) MAC/Miami (Ohio)
(5) SEC/Kentucky vs. (12) Oklahoma State
(3) Georgetown vs. (14) IVY/Cornell
(6) WCC/Gonzaga vs. (11) Stanford
Kansas City, Mo.
(2) BIG 12/Oklahoma vs. (15) SUMMIT/North Dakota State
(7) C-USA/Memphis vs. (10) Michigan
Last four in: Dayton, UNLV, Oklahoma State, Florida State
Last four out: Southern California, Brigham Young, San Diego State, Louisiana State
Next four out: Texas A&M, Penn State, Arkansas, Maryland
Multi-bid leagues: Big East (9), ACC (7), Big Ten (7), Big 12 (6), Pac-10 (5), SEC (3), A-10 (2), Mountain West (2), WCC (2)
Moving in: Dayton, Miami (Ohio), Missouri, Northern Iowa, Stanford Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, UNLV, Utah, Virginia Tech, Western Kentucky
Moving out: Arizona, Boise State, Bradley, Brigham Young, Middle Tennessee, Mississippi, Ohio, San Diego State, Stephen F. Austin, Texas A&M
—- Patrick Stevens