First off, a late game from last night.
* UNLV continued to confound, losing at San Diego State to keep both teams somewhat relevant entering the final week of the season.
* Because no one in the SEC seems to want to be considered good, Tennessee went ahead and lost at home to Alabama. There’s a chance no one from that league will land a No. 8 seed or better.
* Virginia Tech finds itself up a creek, falling to Florida State to drop its sixth in seven games. To channel Seth Greenberg, you’d have to be certifiably insane to view the Hokies as a tournament team at this moment.
* Ohio State is safely in; Northwestern sure looks like an NIT team after losing to the Buckeyes.
* Consider Wisconsin safe as well.
* Hope everyone enjoyed Davidson‘s run last year. One top-50 victory, a strength of schedule of 164, two losses to College of Charleston … the Wildcats are off to the NIT.
* Looks like Gonzaga will advance; the Zags are one step closer to an automatic berth.
—- Patrick Stevens