One last set of pregame picks to double check, this time from Maryland’s 56-41 loss to N.C. State …
1. Demetrius Hartsfield will collect at least 10 tackles.
CORRECT. The junior set a career-high with 18 tackles in the Terrapins’ setback. Hartsfield had 57 tackles in four games since returning from injury.
2. David Amerson will have an interception for N.C. State.
INCORRECT. Both Earl Wolff and C.J. Wilson managed interceptions for the Wolfpack, but the national leader in the category remained stuck on 11 for the season
3. T.J. Graham will have a 50-yard kickoff return.
INCORRECT. Graham got loose for a 35-yard return, but nothing more while being fairly quiet on special teams.
4. N.C. State will not roll up 500 yards.
CORRECT. N.C. State set a season-high with 439 yards, but did not approach the 500-yard plateau. Maryland gave up 500 yards in four games this season and 400 yards on nine occasions, including the final seven games.
5. N.C. State will win by double digits.
CORRECT. The Wolfpack got there only the grace of a last-minute interception return for a touchdown, but got there nonetheless.
WAKE FOREST RECORD: 3-for-5
SEASON RECORD: 42-for-60
—- Patrick Stevens