There was plenty of news — and a little practice — this morning at Redskin Park. The Redskins went two hours in full pads.
* WR D.J. Hackett and DL Michael Marquardt were signed, taking the roster spots vacted by DL Vaka Manupuna (cut Tuesday) and WR Roydell Williams (cut this morning). Hackett was in Seattle with coach Jim Zorn and tried out for the Redskins this spring. He has 118 career catches and nine touchdowns. He last played for Carolina. Marquardt played at Arizona State and spent last year on the Philadelphia practice squad.
* Injuries on offense: WR Devin Thomas (hamstring), WR Malcolm Kelly (hamstring), FB Eddie Williams (hamstring) and OL Randy Thomas (knee), Stephon Heyer (knee), Rueben Riley (ankle) and Casey Rabach (calf).
* Injuries on defense: DT Anthony Montgomery (knee), CB Carlos Rogers (calf), DL J.D. Skolnitsky (hamstring).
* Offensive line coach Joe Bugel said all of the OL injuries are minor but he is concerned about the long-term availbility of Randy Thomas, who is coming off neck and knee surgeries.
* Both Devin Thomas and Kelly said they will practice Thursday.
To the practice highlights …
* The entire offense ran four 50-yard sprints after practice after a sloppy workout lowlighted by a few false starts. Coach Jim Zorn said he didn’t order the extra running, the players did it on their own.
* The safeties continue to do an eye-hand coordinator drill with a baseball.
* Hackett beat Fred Smoot on a go pattern down the hashmark and caught a touchdown pass.
* WR Santana Moss owned CB Kevin Barnes during the 11 vs. 11 and 7 vs. 7 plays. Moss caught a deep corner route from Jason Campbell, a red zone TD from Colt Brennan and several other catches.
* During a blitz drill, CB DeAngelo Hall rushed … and nobody picked him up.
* The offense scored from the 5-yard line when Campbell, in the shotgun, gave Clinton Portis a shovel pass.
* A scary moment came in the middle of the field when C Edwin Williams got tangled up and fell into a pile with Cornelius Griffin and Albert Haynesworth.
* Haynesworth lined up at RDE against LT Chris Samuels. The matchup was a draw.
* The Redskins are back on the field at 3 p.m.
- Ryan O’Halloran