- The Washington Times - Monday, April 1, 2013

Truckloads of debris pulled from the site of the World Trade Center will be sifted for remains, New York City’s chief medical examiner said.

The process will last about 10 weeks, Ynet News reported. And not all the families are happy.

“I personally, and the people in my organization, would rather wait until we are guaranteed that there is a quality of excellence and that we will have the procedures done in the correct way,” said Sally Regenhard, who lost her son in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, about the abilities of the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner, as quoted in Ynet.

This the first time in nearly three years that authorities have sifted the remains.

So far, medical examiners have identified 1,634 of the 2,752 who were killed.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide