- Associated Press - Thursday, May 22, 2014

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - A Portland Fire and Rescue spokesman says a chemical reaction caused a Wednesday night house fire and some of the injuries suffered by an occupant.

Firefighters arrived at the southeast Portland home to find three people outside, including one person with burn injuries. Fire crews rescued a dog that was trapped in a bathroom.

Lt. Rich Chatman says a fire investigator found chemistry lab equipment in a bedroom. Firefighters trained to deal with hazardous materials were called to identify some of the items. Chatman says sulfuric acid was among the substances found.

Damage was estimated at $20,000.


Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide