- Associated Press - Tuesday, February 14, 2017

HUTCHINSON, Kan. (AP) - About 20 employees from a Reno County manufacturing plant were sent to the hospital Monday after being exposed to carbon monoxide in the workplace.

SYT USA official Alex Birkenfeldt tells The Hutchinson News (https://bit.ly/2kGyRRZ ) that employees were suspicious something was wrong when they began complaining of headaches at the plant. They were all evacuated a couple of hours later.

Birkenfeldt says the hospitalizations are a precautionary measure after emergency medical personnel conducted evaluations on-site. The employees’ conditions were not immediately available.

While firefighters at the scene said carbon monoxide levels were high, Birkenfeldt says the exposure was due to a leak in one of the gas heaters. The heater has since been shut down.

SYT USA manufactures fiberglass parts and composite parts.



___

Information from: The Hutchinson (Kan.) News, https://www.hutchnews.com

Sign up for Daily Newsletters

Manage Newsletters

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide