- Associated Press - Monday, February 20, 2017

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - A Rhode Island mother who was overcome by carbon monoxide in her home has died.

Smithfield Fire Chief Robert Seltzer tells WPRI-TV (https://bit.ly/2lz7lcg ) on Monday that Kristen Latour has died as a result of the poisoning.

She and her three children, ages 7, 9 and 11, were overcome by carbon monoxide in their home Wednesday night.

Seltzer has said all four were found unconscious in the living room by the father, who had been working in the garage.

The children were also hospitalized, and their conditions were improving.

Fire officials found that all the carbon monoxide and smoke detectors in the home had been disabled, and it appeared that carbon monoxide built up from a malfunctioning heating system.

Copyright © 2018 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times is switching its third-party commenting system from Disqus to Spot.IM. You will need to either create an account with Spot.im or if you wish to use your Disqus account look under the Conversation for the link "Have a Disqus Account?". Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.


Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide