- Associated Press - Tuesday, November 28, 2017

ENFIELD, Conn. (AP) - Officials have identified a 21-year-old man who died in a Connecticut house fire last week.

The state medical examiner’s office says Jose Cotto-Moya died Friday in Enfield of smoke inhalation.

Authorities say the blaze broke out around 2 a.m. The Journal Inquirer reports that fire officials credit an 18-year-old neighbor with helping occupants escape.

Cotto-Moya’s mother, Jacqueline Moya, his fiancée, Kaitlyn Robles, and the couple’s 2-year-old daughter were hospitalized. The three are in stable condition.

Police said Tuesday the fire does not appear to have been intentionally set. The investigation continues.

Copyright © 2019 The Washington Times, LLC.

The Washington Times Comment Policy

The Washington Times welcomes your comments on Spot.im, our third-party provider. Please read our Comment Policy before commenting.

 

Click to Read More and View Comments

Click to Hide