- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Knuble’s goal gives Caps 4-3 OT win over Chicago
Question of the Day
Brooks Laich gave the Capitals a 3-2 lead when he scored at 6:23 of the third period. The Blackhawks forced OT when Jonathan Toews stuffed the puck into the right corer on a power play with 38.5 seconds left in the third period.
Chicago got the power play when Washington’s Marcus Johansson was called for hooking with 1:50 left in the third period. Coach Joel Quenneville quickly pulled Crawford to give the Blackhawks a two-man advantage and, despite having an empty net, the Blackhawks tied it.
The Capitals then dominated play in OT. Alex Ovechkin was all over the ice for a long stretch, and Washington outshot the Blackhawks, 6-0.
The Capitals finished with a 42-30 advantage in shots.
Notes: Gordon went 27 games without a goal; he’s now scored twice in five games. …The Capitals are the first team in NHL history to get seven or more victories from three goalies age 22 or younger. … Marian Hossa’s eight-game point streak ended in Chicago’s last game, but he started a new one with an assist. … Leddy’s goal was his first since Feb. 1.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world