- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Redskins-Cowboys film review: Defense
Question of the Day
• On third-and-13 from the Redskins‘ 29-yard line in the second quarter, Washington showed a four-man line but rushed seven in a Cover-0 blitz. That’s the reverse of what the Redskins more frequently do: show a Zero blitz but drop out of it. Dallas completed a pass for 10 yards and settled for a field goal.
• Washington had safeties Reed Doughty, Oshiomogho Atogwe and DeJon Gomes on the field at the same time for two plays on separate series in the second quarter. One resulted in an incomplete pass on third-and-6, and the other was a 9-yard completion. Gomes provides some versatility because he often played in the box as a linebacker at Nebraska.
• OLB Rob Jackson made a rare play in pass coverage in the third quarter. He jammed WR Laurent Robinson — or perhaps Robinson ran into Jackson — at four yards. That disrupted the timing of Robinson’s crossing pattern, and QB Tony Romo’s throw was beyond his reach.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
Latest Blog Entries
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq