- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Redskins-Cowboys film review: Defense
Question of the Day
• On third-and-13 from the Redskins‘ 29-yard line in the second quarter, Washington showed a four-man line but rushed seven in a Cover-0 blitz. That’s the reverse of what the Redskins more frequently do: show a Zero blitz but drop out of it. Dallas completed a pass for 10 yards and settled for a field goal.
• Washington had safeties Reed Doughty, Oshiomogho Atogwe and DeJon Gomes on the field at the same time for two plays on separate series in the second quarter. One resulted in an incomplete pass on third-and-6, and the other was a 9-yard completion. Gomes provides some versatility because he often played in the box as a linebacker at Nebraska.
• OLB Rob Jackson made a rare play in pass coverage in the third quarter. He jammed WR Laurent Robinson — or perhaps Robinson ran into Jackson — at four yards. That disrupted the timing of Robinson’s crossing pattern, and QB Tony Romo’s throw was beyond his reach.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- REDSKINS 2013: Washington seeks staying power among NFL's elite
- NFL 2013: Ranking all 32 teams in terms of staying power
- REDSKINS 2013: Breaking down the schedule, game by game
- Redskins receiver Leonard Hankerson learning to manage family life with football career
- With no blueprint, Redskin Hankerson seeks success as dad
Latest Blog Entries
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs