- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s same-sex marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
- Attack on park in Gaza war kills 10, mostly children
- Calif. protesters to block Israel-owned ships at Port of Oakland
- Obama to give Africa $38M, but tells young leaders: Stop ‘making excuses’ for economy
National League capsules
Question of the Day
He’s Outta There: RHP Heath Bell, RHP Mat Latos, 1B Anthony Rizzo.
Projected Lineup: CF Cameron Maybin (.264, 9, 40, 40 SB), 2B Orlando Hudson (.246, 7, 43), 1B Yonder Alonso (.330, 5, 15 in 88 ABs with Cincinnati), LF Carlos Quentin (.254, 24, 77 with Chicago White Sox), C Nick Hundley (.288, 9, 29), 3B Chase Headley (.289, 4, 44, 92 Ks in 381 A-Bs), RF Will Venable (.246, 9, 44, 92 Ks in 370 A-Bs), SS Jason Bartlett (.245, 2, 40, 98 Ks).
Rotation: RH Tim Stauffer (9-12, 3.73), LH Cory Luebke (6-10, 3.29, 154 Ks), RH Edinson Volquez (5-7, 5.71, 104 Ks in 20 starts with Cincinnati), LH Clayton Richard (5-9, 3.88), RH Dustin Moseley (3-10, 3.30).
Key Relievers: RH Huston Street, (1-4, 3.86, 29 saves with Colorado), RH Andrew Cashner (0-0, 1.69 in 7 appearances with Chicago Cubs), Luke Gregerson (3-3, 2.75), Ernesto Frieri (1-2, 2.71), LH Joe Thatcher (0-0, 4.50 in 18 appearances), RH Micah Owings (8-0, 3.57 in 33 games with Arizona), Anthony Bass (2-0, 1.68).
- Compiled by The Associated Press
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- D.C. police chief orders officers not to arrest legal gun owners carrying weapons in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq