- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
- Wyoming gas plant explosion sends entire town fleeing
- Aborted fetuses from British Columbia incinerated in Oregon plant to make electricity
- Motolotov cocktail thrown a Brooklyn mini-mart
Bill Gertz is a national security columnist for The Washington Times and senior editor at The Washington Free Beacon (www.freebeacon.com). He has been with The Times since 1985.
He is the author of six books, four of them national best-sellers. His latest book, "The Failure Factory," on government bureaucracy and national security, was published in September 2008.
Mr. Gertz also writes a weekly column called Inside the Ring, a weekly column that chronicles the U.S. national security bureaucracy.
Mr. Gertz has been a guest lecturer at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, Va.; the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia; the National Defense University at Fort McNair in Washington; and the Brookings Institution in Washington. He has participated in the National Security Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies and Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs.
He studied English literature at Washington College in Chestertown, Md., and journalism at George Washington University. He is married and has two daughters.
Articles by Bill Gertz
The White House has launched a covert publicity campaign against a bipartisan report that criticized the Obama administration for failing to provide urgently needed non-weapons military aid to Ukraine in its standoff against some 80,000 Russian troops massed along the country's eastern border. Published April 24, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S. power grid defenseless from attacks
Published April 16, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Hagel releases cyber warfare plans to China
Published April 9, 2014
- Inside the Ring: North Korea missile test coming
Published April 2, 2014
- Inside the Ring: U.S. fears Russia planning to federalize Ukraine, alarming Congress
Published March 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Pentagon goes hypersonic with long-range rapid attack weapon
Published March 19, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Cybercom's Michael Rogers confirms Russia conducted cyberattacks against Ukraine
Published March 12, 2014
- Inside the Ring: Pentagon reevaluating Obama's pivot to Asia
Published March 5, 2014
- Inside the Ring: All eyes on Moscow's military moves in Ukraine
Published February 26, 2014
- Inside the Ring: China readies for 'short, sharp' war with Japan
Published February 19, 2014